POWINS offers engineering, automation, SCADA and RPEQ certified electrical and mechanical design services, either individually or packaged, as an all-encompassing turn-key solution of electrical design, procurement, manufacturing, onsite installation and commissioning disciplines.
POWINS has developed and maintains a market leading range of low voltage (415/690V) and high voltage switchgear (1.05kV up to 36kV) solutions. This includes our standard product suite of switchgear or a custom designed and manufactured switchgear solution where special case or unique operational conditions must be integrated to satisfy a client’s unique specification.
Enhancing the POWINS switchgear suite of products and services, POWINS also engineer and manufacture transportable switchrooms. POWINS’ transportable switchrooms are individually designed and certified to comply with client specifications and regional regulations. POWINS provide larger switchroom solutions in multiple transport sections as required. POWINS offers engineered support services including building fire ratings, gaseous suppression and VESDA detection systems, intelligent FIP, security access control, and split and packaged air conditioning systems. POWINS provide installation and testing of electrical switchgear, packing, transport, offload, install and commission all associated switchroom services at site when requested.
Another core skill set of the POWINS group is coal and hard rock mine electrical infrastructure. POWINS specialise in underground 11kV IP rated switchgear and substations as well as electrical solutions supporting mining surface infrastructure, some of which are 132kV/66kV/ /22kV/11kV main switchyards, power generation, CHPP’s, water treatment plants, oil and gas fields as well as the broad industry of materials handling and their automation processes and SCADA operational packages. POWINS can engineer a switchgear solution for any application, location, specification or process.
POWINS is a leading design and engineering group which has forged its strength through the merging of recognised, sector leading professionals with a common goal and client solution focus. The POWINS’ range of professional services includes:
- RPEQ certification of electrical designs as is required in Qld;
- RPEQ certification of mechanical designs as is required in Qld;
- Engineered designs of electrical distribution and protection systems, switchgear and automation / SCADA design, PFC power factor correction analysis and solutions, Autocad drafting and 3D modeling disciplines, arc flash analysis and reporting, earthing / lightning / step and touch calculations and reports, HV power reticulation and protection system design, power studies for load flow and protection systems, plant process and control system design, estimating and feasibility costing and design support;
- Design review : the review of client or third party existing designs for standard and regulatory conformance;
- Automation : process and control incorporating SCADA ,reporting systems, commissioning and site support;
- Civil: site infrastructure and switchyard layout designs, structural footing and civil designs, earthing grid installations and testing, switchroom / blast wall / oil bunding designs and installations;
- Site support including on-site AS/NZS compliance inspections and reports of existing infrastructure / systems / processes, power factor correction analysis with recommendation, switchgear upgrades and retrofits, design and selection of equipment, commissioning and automation systems support, fixed generation and standby diesel generation systems, cable and fibre and wireless network design / installation / commissioning; and
- ITP’s and design of site testing documentation for projects / upgrades / retrofits that conforms to required standards and regulatory requirements.
The site service capabilities of POWINS are extensive and technically broad with a national reach, providing support and project delivery assistance to clients including:
- Automation: The development of custom control and automation project solutions integrating leading technologies across a diverse range of industries including power and energy, mining, and water and waste water ensuring delivery of leading operational and safety outcomes for clients, projects and operator systems.
- Site works: Site offloading, erection, installation and commissioning of switchgear / substation solutions either as supplied by POWINS or a client’s third party provider.
- Maintenance servicing: Turnkey construction and maintenance of switchgear, electricity networks and substations up to 132kV.
- Audits: The inspection and auditing regarding Australian Standards and relevant IEC standards, of existing / legacy, switchgear / substation solutions for clients requiring professional advice.
- Regulatory testing: Periodical testing of site electrical systems.
- Fit-outs / upgrades: The onsite solution of electrical fit-outs and operational equipment upgrades.
- Generation: turnkey supply, installation, servicing and design of diesel generation systems and protection, both fixed and mobile solutions.
For more information about POWINS range of Services, request our Services brochure by completing the form on the right.